On 5/19/2011 10:13 AM, Wietse Venema wrote:
Shawn Heisey:
helo mcp.example.com
mail from: postmas...@mcp.example.com
quit

Here's what this looks like in context:

mcp:/usr/src# telnet ns2 25
Trying 10.8.0.22...
Connected to ns2.example.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 nexus2.example.com ESMTP Postfix (Debian/GNU)
helo mcp.example.com
mail from: postmas...@mcp.example.com
quit
250 nexus2.example.com
250 2.1.0 Ok
221 2.0.0 Bye
Connection closed by foreign host.
As you see, Postfix does not reject any command because of pipelining,
so everything works the way you want it to.

You are right. I was getting hung up on the fact that there is still a message logged to syslog. That's what started me going down this road -- logcheck notifying me about the improper pipelining messages. Everything is now explained and covered except for that. If you're satisfied that it should send this message to syslog under these circumstances, then there's no bug to be reported.

Thanks,
Shawn