________________________________
From: Noel Jones <njo...@megan.vbhcs.org>
To: postfix-users@postfix.org
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2011 5:23 PM
Subject: Re: A Problem No One Has Solved According To Googling

On 10/25/2011 2:06 PM, Jack Fredrikson wrote:
>>Here is my problem
>>
>> Oct 25 10:49:18 myserver postfix/pipe[3712]: 0423257901AB:
>> to=<f...@bar.com <mailto:f...@bar.com>>, relay=dovecot, delay=109318,
>> delays=109318/0.14/0/0.1, dsn=4.3.0, status=deferred (temporary failure
>
> That's not a problem, that a partial log entry.  You left off all
> the interesting stuff.

There's nothing interesting after that.

I give up. I've wasted a week of my time and a lot of yours. I only had this
one client that needed email support and they've gotten a different solution.
I'm building a new server in a month or two. I betcha this will install
lickity-split on that server. I betcha the problem is cruft from other
installations, in my case qmail.

Yes, there truly *is* a "temporary failure" problem with postfix. I've googled
the hell out of this and I know what I'm talking about here, think what you
will. Google this: "postfix/pipe" "status=deferred (temporary failure"

Hey, everybody: thanks so much for trying to help. I really appreciate it. But
I've killed a week and before I kill myself, I'm throwing in the towel until I
build that new server.

Caio,
Jack