On Saturday 24 December 2011 11:09:08 Noah wrote:
> I am getting lots of emails claiming the following "delivery
> temporarily suspended: conversation with,    127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1]
> timed out while receiving the initial server greeting" .  I am
> seeing this message show up to the local user and also to the
> remote sender inbox too.  The messages to both user accounts are
> definitely originating from my postfix server - IPs and message
> IDs verified.
>
> Ive seen a few messages on the subject matter after using my
> favorite search engine but wondering what the latest story is on
> what could create this added mail delivery issue.  Granted nothing

Given the lack of logs and configuration, all we can do is guess. My
guess is that you have a content_filter on 127.0.0.1 which is having
problems.

For problems with a content filter, see the documentation and support
channels for that particular software, whatever it might be.

For problems with Postfix, see the documentation and list posting
guidelines here:

> changed on my configuration for over 2 weeks now so it was an
> introduction based on something caused by "normal" operation did.
>
> restarting postfix did not clear it.  a reboot to the server (I
> know its not a PC) cleared the problem.

This lends credence to my theory.

> Here is the partial message:

> Subject: Delayed Mail (still being retried)
>

> This is the mail system at host domain.com.

You should not use real Internet names (unless you own them) as
examples. Example.TLD in all gTLDs and many other top-level domains
has been reserved for such use.