Am 11.01.2012 02:51, schrieb Jose Ildefonso Camargo Tolosa:
>> for "disable sending mails via telnet" you will not find anything on the
>> DEBUG-README and finally the OP has proved enough information to
>> say:
>>
>> * he do not understand how smtp works
>> * telnet does nothing other than any client
>>
>> so NO you can not disable sending mails with telnet except
>> force using TLS
>
> TLS?... I would say: authentication (although TLS is good while using
> auth).  Even with TLS, if you are an open relay, you are an open relay
> (also, forcing TLS will likely avoid you getting mails from some sites
> that doesn't support TLS for smtp).

who speaks about an open relay?
i answered how to prevent using a telnet client for smtp
forcing the server only allow encrypted communication
will stop "telnet youserver 25" and typing a mail

i did never say that this makes sense
but it is the answer to the question of this thread

> But, here we are assuming "telnet to port 25", what if he/she means
> "remote session", that'd be another issue.

so what do you do after "telnet to port 25" if the server
does not allow send unencypted messages -> exactly: nothing

problem of the OP solved
that he can no longer act as MX properly is another story