Le 03/03/2012 18:11, /dev/rob0 a écrit :
> On Sat, Mar 03, 2012 at 12:14:41PM +0200, Nikolaos Milas wrote:
>>[snip]
>>
>> You mean that an error entry in the maps might be such that it
>> would allow - under certain circumstances - an undesired "ACCEPT"
>> which would bypass reject_unauth_destination (due to the resulting
>> stop in the evaluation of the rest of the statements in the
>> smtpd_recipient_restrictions directive)?

yes. you write this in your map:

joedomain.example       REJECT we get too much spam from you

then years later, a new admin comes in and wants to accept mail from
friend@joedomain.example. he then adds

friend@joedomain.example        OK

(instead of the correct
friend@joedomain.example        DUNNO
)

with the OK there, friend is given a free ticket...

This is just an example. things may get worst. The impact of errors is
not proprortional to the number of lines ;-p

> [snip]
>
> Sometimes it is easier to offload a few restrictions to another
> stage. There is no clear-cut, always right (nor always wrong) way.

Since some (many?) years, my rule of thumb has been:

- anti-spam measures go after reject_unauth_destination under
smtpd_recipient_retsrictions.

- use other restrictions for "special" controls that are not really spam
oriented, such as "this address is local-only", "that address is
write-only and shouldn't get mail" etc.

> Just be aware of who you are allowing to relay and why. Best
> practice: use a separate submission service and ONLY allow relay
> through that, not on port 25 at all.

fully agreed. divide and conquer!