Hi,

I recently upgraded a machine from Postfix 2.8 to 2.9. The machine uses,
amongst other things, a custom transport to facilitate masking outgoing
email addresses and sending with SMTP-AUTH.

In main.cf, this looks like follows:

mtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtp_sender_dependent_authentication = yes
smtp_tls_security_level = encrypt

In master.cf I now have this in attempt to fix this problem:

globalout      unix  -       -       -       -       -   smtp -v -v
    -o smtp_generic_maps=hash:/etc/postfix/global_rewrite
    -o smtp_sasl_auth_enable=yes
    -o smtp_sender_dependent_authentication=yes
    -o smtp_sasl_password_maps=hash:/etc/postfix/sasl_passwd
    -o smtp_tls_security_level=encrypt
    -o smtp_sasl_security_options=noanonymous

where "globalout" is the mail transport used for off-site mails.

For some reason, that stopped working: I can't see an authentication
attempt on the server side, only a plain TLS connection and then an
attempt to push out the email.

I'd really like to get this back into working order... suggestions
are welcome!

TIA!

Kind regards,
--Toni++