On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 11:33:40PM -0500, Russell Jones wrote:

> "I have a simple postfix 2.9.3 server with 2 IP addresses. I want
> all mail sent from a sender address of *@example1 to go through
> 1.1.1.1, and all mail sent from a sender address of *@example2.com
> to go through 1.1.1.2."

What does "go through" mean?

> My understanding is sender_dependent_default_transport_maps is what
> I want here based on my research prior to emailing this list, but I
> could be wrong. I don't feel like I need an O'Reily book to achieve
> this.......

The main trouble with not knowing is not knowing what you don't
know.  The sender_dependent_default_transport_maps is a mechanism
in Postfix, that overrides the default transport:nexthop for outbound
mail based on the sender address.

It makes no sense to set this to an address handled by the same
Postfix MTA that received the mail, this is a loop. Thus your
understanding of how the pieces fit together is as yet insufficient
to meet your goals. A book or in-depth tutorial should in fact
be quite helpful:

        http://www.postfix.org/OVERVIEW.html
        http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html
        http://www.postfix.org/transport.5.html