On 12/21/2012 07:29 AM, Jerry wrote:
On Fri, 21 Dec 2012 07:03:29 -0500 (EST)
Wietse Venema articulated:

Robert Moskowitz:
I was thinking about this, and what assurance does your CA provide
for the names in the certs it signs?
It provides assurance that the certificate was signed by your CA.
That is all.  The rest is just a lot of wishful thinking that keeps
techno-parasites in business.

        Wietse
+1

:)

Read RFC 4423 and the Internet Draft for 4423-bis. I walked away from PKI long ago in terms of Identities. But PKI is the digital version of a driver's license, or it tries to be...

Enough of this thread. It is too tempting for me to really rant, and you people here don't deserve that!