on a quick reading on the drafts, it seems to deal with CLIENT specifications ... example:

This document provides guidelines for __email clients__ that support these specifications for Email Address Internationalization (EAI). It does not introduce any protocol extensions that are not defined in

    postfix is not an email CLIENT, it's a Mail Transport Agent (MTA)