On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 11:18:05AM -0000, Sviya S wrote:
> I have been trying to find information about migrating from Maildir
> used by qmail to MySQL based Postfix. There are 10K users and about
> 1TB of mails.

The question shows confusion. MySQL (and other data sources) in
Postfix are only used for various lookups the system might need, such
as for user and valid address data. It is not a mailstore.

> I would be grateful for any suggestion in
> accomplishing this with less effort and more reliability.

Simply have Postfix deliver to your existing mailstore.

> I have tried Googling and Linux forums
> but did not find anything useful.

Not surprising. For Postfix information, see Postfix documentation:
You'll want to see many of the documents in the "General" section,
and also the Lookup Table Overview.

Note also that your mailstore/IMAP server potentially has more to do
with this question than Postfix does. See its documentation also.
--
  http://rob0.nodns4.us/