Hi,

An EL6 box is working great as my personal mailserver using virtual_mailbox_domains, virtual_mailbox_maps, virtual_alias_maps all accessing openldap and delivered via virtual_transport to an LMTP backend.

I would like to use that same box for receiving email from about 40 mailing lists and I would like to deliver all list email to dovecot. I'll be using a separate (sub)domain for the list emails. I wonder if it's possible to do something like this:

virtual_transport = proxy:ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap-transport.cf

And then in openldap add an attribute to each (sub)domain that specifies the transport type. For example, regular mail for f...@example.org goes to:

lmtp:127.0.0.1:2345

And list email for postfix-l...@lists.example.org goes to:

lmtp:unix:private/dovecot-lmtp