SMTPD_POLICY_README says:

  The "sasl_*" attributes (Postfix 2.2 and later) specify information about
  how the client was authenticated via SASL. These attributes are empty in
  case of no SASL authentication.

I read that as:

- I will know when SASL AUTH was successful
- I will know when SASL AUTH did not take place

Would it be technically feasible to transmit the following states too?

- SASL login wasn't successful (e.g. SASL "Generic SASL failure")
- SASL login failed (SASL: "Authentication failed")
- SASL login attempted to use a non-permitted envelope-sender

p@rick

--
[*] sys4 AG

https://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64