Wietse Venema writes:

[join vs union]

I think there is something to be said for either name. It does not matter to me, I think you should decide on a name, if you should choose to include such functionality, to ensure it fits with Postfix's naming conventions best.

That was a question that I had about the proposed implementation.
The current behavior loses information about which inputs do/don't
contribute to a result.

In the proposed implementation, only the *original* input contributes to a result.

If you would like me to change the patch, please let me know.

Thanks,

Roel