On 01 Feb 2015, at 05:41 , DTNX Postmaster <postmas...@dtnx.net> wrote:
> By the way, CA-signed certificates start at less than $10/year, so if you
> ever do run into an issue which might be resolved by getting one, and your
> configuration isn't too complex, I would suggest spending that little bit of
> money.
>
> Not the case here though, as far as I can tell :-)

Thanks for the detailed response. The issue with the certs is not the cost, but
rather the maintenance of them. I don’t do this full-time and the interval
between expiry is long enough that I get to learn everything over from first
principles every time I have to replace a cert.

I’m looking forward to the EFF’s CA plan later this year to see if it will work
for me. Removing the pain points of cert management would be great.

--
IT IS NOT YET MIDNIGHT?  'I shouldn't think it's more than a quarter
past eleven.' THEN WE HAVE THREE-QUARTERS OF AN HOUR 'How can you be