On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 10:48 AM, Wietse Venema <wie...@porcupine.org> wrote:
> francis picabia:
>
> A cidr: based access map would be the most convenient here.
>
> /etc/postfix/main.cf:
>     smtpd_client_restrictions =
>         check_client_access cidr:/etc/postfix/client_access.cidr
>
> /etc/postfix/client_access.cidr:
>     1.2.3.4/24 DUNNO
>     5.6.7.8/24 DUNNO
>     0.0.0.0/0 FILTER foo:bar
>
> Remember that cidr maps are searched in the given order, unlike
> hash maps and other indexed files.

OK, that's a good tip to know.

Thanks for this.  I was just going to post that I found
"Example 3" at the amavis documentation.  It discusses
similar to this scenario.  The above seems more concise.

http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/amavisd-new-docs.html#pbanks

The last part I need to get right is the list for smtpd_client_restrictions.

If I send the message off to amavis, it doesn't get the rest of the tests.

Just to run through a simple part of the set so I can understand this,
suppose I only have:

smtpd_client_restrictions =  check_client_access
hash:/etc/postfix/access, reject_invalid_hostname,
reject_unknown_reverse_client_hostname

I currently use the access file to OK certain IPs which have a reverse
DNS failure.
How do I add the client_access.cidr to the list of checks?  I'd think it would
need to be at the end, and in /etc/postfix/access OK/PERMIT can't be used .
If I make the /etc/postfix/access use DUNNO rather than OK, then they
still get caught by the following reject_unknown_reverse_client_hostname.
I can't see how to use reject items with white-listing appearing
earlier in the sequence
and also the content filter.

Do I need to put these other checks in another smtpd_* restrictions list?