On 18.3.2016 17:27, Wietse Venema wrote:
/dev/rob0:
On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 09:05:51AM -0500, Noel Jones wrote:
On 3/18/2016 6:20 AM, Istvan Prosinger wrote:
Hello Everyone!

I need to insert something like

X-MY-ID-some-unique-ID

into each email's header for local tracking purposes.

Why a separate header, why not just:

enable_long_queue_ids = yes

and use the queue ID that's already in your top Received: header?

I would use a header_checks PREPEND action that prepends a header
with the long queue ID from the Received: header.

Sorry, no time to write out a complete example.

        Wietse

Thanks.

Ok, I was thinking of this, but wasn't sure how to "pass" the (long or not) queue ID (or anything else) in header_checks. Another thought is to copy one that is already there, but not sure how to do it or how far can I go in a "one-liner".

If I'm on a right track, a link to some document would also do, as I've spent some time diging on this and I'm probabbly "googling" the wrong keywords/thoughts

No need to write me a code.

Regards,
Istvan