Hello,

On Sat, Aug 19, 2017, at 06:58 PM, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:
> That said, both regular and debug logging in Postfix are logged
> at the "info" level, Postfix does not use the syslog "debug" log
> level.  Therefore, built-in syslog log filtering cannot isolate
> just the debug messages from Postfix

Okay so the answer sounds lika a "no".  Thanks for letting me know.  I'll have
to figure something else out.

> but as Noel points out, you really should not have Postfix debug logging
> enabled on a
> routine basis.

It's there for a reason isn't it?  I use it when there's a problem and I need
more information.  It's great having that level of detail.  It's helped me
solve a bunch of problems for specific domains without drowning in a flood of
useless detail for all domains.  When then problem's solved I turn it off for
that domain and move on.  I honestly don't see what the problem is using
debugging facility that's provided when it provides the info you need to solve
the problem.  Personally I see that as a great, helpful feature.