On 19 October 2017 at 10:48, Seb <s...@h-k.fr> wrote:

> ​...
> to <firstname>.<lastname>@gmail.com, the usual email address of the
> author.
>
> I've been using this for 15+ years and it's been great. Unfortunately, I'm
> losing the war against spam. In spite of careful configuration of Postfix,
> the use of Postgrey and hand-drawn blacklists, too much spam passes
> through. What my server regards as legitimate email (but is sometimes spam)
> gets resent to sites such as GMail which, in turn, tend to flag all email
> from my domain as spam, even legitimate emails. And this is starting to
> jeopardize my communication with the rest of the world.
> ​..

I relay successfully to Gmail with some small domains. My setup in outline
is:

   - emails from unauthenticated non-local senders are rejected unless to a
   known approved recipient
   - many external rbls (requires local DNS server [bind] with forwarding -
   but with forwarding disabled for rbl zones)
   - python-policyd-spf (adds header for review by opendmarc)
   - opendkim (tests 'incoming' emails and adds header for review by
   opendmarc, signs 'outgoing' emails)
   - opendmarc - with enforcement for 'incoming' emails
   - reject_unknown_reverse_client_hostname
   - amavisd-new - uses Spamassassin (with use_bayes 0), ClamAV (with
   Sanesecurity), razor, pyzor
   - bespoke filtering by ip, sender name, client/host name, helo name,
   headers
   - fail2ban (tweaked 'dovecot' and bespoke 'postfix-failedauth' jails)
   - relay-enforcer (bespoke, requires fail2ban and short-term local backup
   of emails)
   - permanent ip banning via ufw for repeat fail2ban or unresolved
   hostname offenders (bespoke)

​Some of this is bespoke but much of it is easily replicated. I recently
gave up using postgrey because the delayed delivery drove users mad.

I realise this doesn't answer your question, but it may suggest a different
way forward.