Please do not reply off-list.

On 2018-05-28 Poliman - Serwis wrote:
>>> Thank you for advices but how setup different SMTP in MX record if
>>> MX record determine pop3/imap and smtp servers? Do you mean set few
>>> MX records with few mailservers? Currently I only know that I could
>>> configure few MX records with few mailservers with different
>>> priority. I would like to underline I could not understand you
>>> properly.
>>
>> MX records only ever specify the servers designated for RECEIVING
>> INBOUND mail for a domain. They say nothing about POP or IMAP (or
>> which servers will handle outbound mail for that matter).
>
> Thank you for answer. How to understand what Wietse said: " SMTP is
> not HTTP. With SMTP, the MX records for different domains can contain
> the same SMTP server hostname. " comparing to your answer - why he
> says SMTP server hostname instead of just server hostname? Receiving
> inbound emails means receiving emails for pop/imap services or between
> mail servers?

An MX record doesn't necessarily have to specify a server from its own
doamin. You can specify a server mail.example.org as the mail handler
for the domain example.com and example.net (via an MX record in the
zones of those domains).

Regards
Ansgar Wiechers
--
"Abstractions save us time working, but they don't save us time
learning."