Hi,

The quota warning email is send via Dovecot LDA (https://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA)

This is the command in the shell script:

/usr/lib/dovecot/dovecot-lda -f nore...@beckspaced.com -d $USER -o
"plugin/quota=dict:User quota::noenforcing:proxy::quota"
as you said the dovecot quota warning calls a shell script where the user is
informed via dovecot-lda.
This is necessary to ignore the quota or else the warning mail could not be
delivered.

If you want a copy of that mail, just edit the quota warning script and send
another mail:

echo "user $USER is over quota" | /usr/bin/mailx -s "OVERQUOTA $user"
ad...@beckspaced.com

Best regards
Gerald
Hello Gerald,

thanks for your reply and idea to get this working.

your idea is the most easy & simple way to get what I want.

some days I just tend to make things complicated ;)

sorry for the noise on the list with such stupid questions.

thanks & greetings
Becki