On 10/6/20 12:46 PM, Wietse Venema wrote:
Demi M. Obenour:
On 10/6/20 9:47 AM, Wietse Venema wrote:
allow 'not found' users, similar to smtpd_sender_login_maps

Would it be possible to make this configurable?  The documentation
seems to imply that reject_sender_login_mismatch considers ?not
found? to be an error, while reject_known_sender_login_mismatch
does not.  On systems I administer, I would prefer for an unknown
user to not be allowed to submit mail, but I understand if this cannot
be the default.  The patch I submitted blocks ?not found? users,
but the default local_sender_login_maps (static:*) matches every user,
so the default behavior is the same as now.

For me, 'not found' also includes the case that the user is not found
in the passwd file.

By "allow 'not found' users", do you mean that such users will
automatically be granted access, or that they will still be looked up
(perhaps by numeric UID) in local_sender_login_maps?

        Wietse

Demi

P.S.: I noticed that UTF-8 characters are getting mangled somewhere.
Is this intentional?