Hi kevin,

did you manage your project? And if yes: how?

Regards
walter

On 10.06.2015 08:16, Kevin Zhao wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am new to PostGis and just finished the tutorial, loaded nyc data into my Postgresql database. I am trying to build a database where I can give it street address or longitude and altitude, then it gives me a zip code back. All for California only. I know that I need shapefiles, but I looked online, found a few sites(including http://www.census.gov/geo/maps-data/data/tiger-line.html), and nothing really stood out to me as the shapefile that I am looking for. Could someone give an idea on where I can find the shapefile that will fit my needs?

Thank you so much!

Kevin

--
Kevin Zhao | LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/kevinzhaouva>