> this was my initial guess, that's why I'm asking here (Postgis 3, that is).
> Thanks.
>
> Il 13/10/20 16:21, b.j.kob...@utwente.nl ha scritto:
> > I think the function AddGeometryColumnis deprecated already for some
> > time (now should be ST_AddGeometryColumn)so maybe in postgis v13 it
> > does not work anymore...
>
> --
> Paolo Cavallini
> www.faunalia.eu - QGIS.org
> training, support, development on QGIS, PostGIS and more

The function is AddGeometryColumn.  AddGeometryColumn still exists.
http://postgis.net/docs/manual-3.0/AddGeometryColumn.html

We have never had nor will we ever have a ST_AddGeometryColumn

So to Darafei's point, make sure you are connected to a database with PostGIS
installed and also make sure the schema PostGIS is installed in is in the
database search path.
Also make sure the account you are using in QGIS is does not have search_path
overridden.

Thanks,
Regina