On Thu, 28 Mar 2024, Regina Obe wrote:

Thank you to everyone for their contributions here; trying to get to QGIS visibility here.

[... deleting for the sake of brevity ...]

This SQL variant does not return errors, but it isn't visible in my QGIS
project
(it's an ongoing project with about twenty layers built with PostGIS).

Any advice?

Should I direct this inquiry to the QGIS list?

Thank you,

Max
It might be because it returns a geometry collection.  I recall QGIS not
liking geometry collections.
Also depending on how you are creating this -- is this a view or an inline
SQL, you might need to force the type for it to show as a layer option.

Regina: In these subsequent queries you are specifying SRS 4326; shouldn't it be 2163, the SRS of all of the other layers?

Try:

      SELECT cluster_id AS cid1 ,
      ST_Collect(ST_MinimumBoundingCircle(ST_Collect(geom)),
ST_Collect(geom))::geometry(GEOMETRYCOLLECTION,4326) AS geom
      , COUNT(*) as ct FROM shapefiles.filling_station_clusters GROUP BY
      1;

Or having as two separate layers:
-- layer 1
SELECT cluster_id AS cid1 ,
ST_MinimumBoundingCircle(ST_Collect(geom)):geometry(POLYGON,4326) AS geom
, COUNT(*) as ct FROM shapefiles.filling_station_clusters GROUP BY
1;

-- layer 2
SELECT cluster_id AS cid1 ,  ST_Collect(geom):geometry(MULTIPOINT,4326) AS
geom
, COUNT(*) as ct FROM shapefiles.filling_station_clusters GROUP BY
1;

Could also be a permission issue.
If that doesn't help, then yes QGIS mailing list might have more useful
answers.

Hope this helps,
Regina

Thank you again, I'll port these QGIS visibility questions to the QGIS users list.

But all of the layers that I load are done using PostGIS. Everything seems to be much more controllable that way.

Max