SELECT m.name from transport m, rivers r where ST_Intersects (m.the_geom, r.the_geom);

On 15-Sep-07, at 8:03 AM, Dave Potts wrote:

I am trying to discover all the data points when a river system crosses a road system, my data is expressed as two different shapefiles, I had assumed that it was just a case of calling the Intersection method

eg. select m.name from transport m , rivers r where Intersection (r.the_geom,m.the_geom) = 't';

But I get a 'parse error- invaid geometry when I try this, is this the correct way of doing this?

Dave.

<dave.potts.vcf>