From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Düster Horst
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2008 8:49 AM
To: postgis-users
Subject: [postgis-users] PostGIS Geometry Clean function

In the last few days I developed a plpgsql function to clean not valid polygon
and linestring geometries. This function cleans all ring-self- and
self-intersections in PostGIS layers.

The input is a valid or non valid geometry with one or more self-intersections.
The result is a clean Multi geometry where all intersections are correct noded
and divided into multiparts. I tested it with polygon layers with more than
800000 objects and it works fine for me. You can use the function with PostGIS
>= 1.3.2. If you want to use it with PostGIS 1.1.6 you have to modify the
source and remove all ST_ from the specific funktion names.

I hope the function could be helpful for you, for me it is.

Looking forward for your comments.

Best regards

Horst

Dr. Horst Düster