Sorin Dudui wrote:

Hello,

We have tables that contains both multi-polygons and empty geometries
(MULTIPOLYGON EMPTY). The table has an index on the geometry column. After
some updates with empty polygons the index becomes corrupt and we receive
the error
"Relate Operation called with a LWGEOMCOLLECTION type.  This is unsupported
change argument GEOMETRYCOLLECTION EMPTY"
when we make a spatial selection (ST_Intersects) with a polygon. ST_IsValid
returns true for all geometries.

If we delete the index the spatial query works without issues. For the
moment our workaround is using permanent a  "not st_isEmpty) in the where
clause.

Thank you,
Sorin

Hi Sorin,

In order to debug this, we need much more information such as the versions of PostgreSQL/PostGIS you are using and a simple, reproducable test case.

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS
http://www.siriusit.co.uk