On 10/18/2010 5:07 AM, Sebastian E. Ovide wrote:
Is there any reason why not to use gdal ogr2ogr ?

Much of the time I do not need to transform the geometry so I have not loaded gdal/ogr on the system. The other reason is that I have loads of scripts that use shp2pgsql because that is all I need in most cases.

So with that I have never actually had to use ogr2ogr to load the data into postgis, but there is no technical reason not to.

-Steve

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 7:03 PM, Stephen Woodbridge