On 02/03/11 16:30, Karl O. Pinc wrote:

Humm. Ok.

I'm unfamiliar with geography_columns.  What is the security
model?  Can anyone do anything like with geography_columns?

If it's a view then would it be possible to put triggers
on the underlying tables?  Where would I look in the code?

Thanks.

It's still under discussion, but the view is generated automatically by querying the system catalogues to pull out the spatial columns (i.e. it can't be altered, but users will be able to see other users' spatial columns in there).

This means that AddGeographyColumn() and DropGeometryColumn() can just add/remove the column from the table directly, so this can only happen on tables for which the current role has SQL permissions.

HTH,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS
http://www.siriusit.co.uk