On 09/09/11 11:45, Paragon Corporation wrote:

So does this mean a +1 from you and Mark for project sponsorship

as long as we focus whatever fundings come in to

1) Improved testing, building infrastructure
2) That includes possible cloud hosting for windows 32/64 bit (actually all
we need is 1 64-bit box).  I'm runnning a 64-bit Windows 7 and build fine
for 32-bit.  This would be shared with OSGEO (per Frank's suggestion)

3) Money for events -- code sprints, subsidizing for PostGIS developers to
attend events, like those Europeans we are so fund of
that we are going to miss at this year's FOSS4G.  Hmm possibly in the future
a small PostGIS code sprint would be nice  :)

4) One other thing I forgot to mention I think money could be well spent on
is the accredation to get our newer versions of
PostGIS to be OGC certified.  This I think is a big selling point for large
companies and much easier sell for consultants
consulting for large companies if we have a piece
of paper saying it instead of just that we follow the specs.

Thanks,
Regina

I do think that if we initially set a narrow scope for what the funds could be used for (similar to the above list) then that would be good. I'm tempted to vote +1, except for the fact that I know that I would be struggling to find any extra time to put into the management side of this... maybe a +1 in principle?

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS
http://www.siriusit.co.uk