You can use something along that line:

CREATE SCHEMA new_schema;
ALTER TABLE table_name SET SCHEMA new_schema;

(either with pgdamin or with psql directly)

I personally find it easier to set the schema during the importation step with shp2psql/raster2psql, e.g. using:

raster2pgsql -r your_raster.tif -t data.your_raster -l 1 -k 64x64 -s 26919 -I -M -o your_raster.sql

which will directly import 'your_raster' into the schema 'data'. I ran into some problems with indexes by altering schemas*, and I now tend to favour the direct import into the intended schema (and it's also quicker as it involves less code).

Mathieu.

* After moving a given table in a different schema, I couldn't import another table with the same name in the public schema because of the associated index, and I add to merely drop the table. There is probably a solution to this problem, but I couldn't find it and the drop was a quick and easy solution for me...