On 29/09/11 16:38, Andy Colson wrote:

Oh, buggers. I had problems with this shapefile and tried several
different things, and I forgot to mention an important step. Which
probably takes the error out of postgis territory.

See, I want to change the projection. So I ran ogr2ogr from ParcelAnnoV2
to temp_shapefile first, then shp2pgsql on temp_shapefile would give me
invalid date errors. Sorry. I've got too many things going on and
messing things up.

The gdal people said the patch was applied to the shapefile driver:

http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/gdal-dev/2011-September/030276.html

So I'm wondering if with that fix, the shape->shape would produce a new
shapefile that shp2pgsql would import just fine.

I still have not had a chance to try out their fix, but at this point I
think all is well, and I've wasted enough of your time, we can call this
resolved.

Ah yes - that looks like an ogr2ogr bug. Never mind.

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS
http://www.siriusit.co.uk