Yes, that is the way it works.

On 2/15/2012 3:16 PM, Bistrais, Bob wrote:
OK, that seems to work by adding the map_bk_lot field.  If I needed to add more
fields to the subquery, would I simply add them in with commas separating them?
Example:
(select gid, map_bk_lot, another_field1, another_field2, ST_Simplify(the_geom,
10.0)

-----Original Message-----
From: postgis-users-boun...@postgis.refractions.net
[mailto:postgis-users-boun...@postgis.refractions.net] On Behalf Of Stephen
Woodbridge
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2012 3:06 PM
To: postgis-users@postgis.refractions.net
Subject: Re: [postgis-users] advice for quicker display?

Actually it does NOT exist in the sub-query. Mapserver modifies the
query because it needs the label text. So you sub-query needs to have
ALL potential columns that you might need explicitly referenced.

DATA "the_geom from (select gid, map_bk_lot, ST_Simplify(the_geom, 10.0)
as the_geom from mytable) as foo USING SRID=26919 USING Unique gid"

-Steve W