Hi Yves,

did you test st_geometrytype(st_offsetcurve(way,-20))? Because, I could imagine the MultiLineString results from the st_offsetcurve function.

Hope that helps,

Birgit.

Am 04.03.2012 09:07, schrieb yvecai:
I have a strange error on ST_offsetcurve calls on geometries that are supposed to be LineStrings.
Yves

    gis=# update planet_osm_line set way=ST_OffsetCurve(way,-20) where
    osm_id=-1461806;
    ERREUR:  Geometry type (MultiLineString) does not match column
    type (LineString)

    gis=# select geometrytype(way) from planet_osm_line where osm_id =
    -1461806;
     geometrytype
    --------------
     LINESTRING
    (1 ligne)

    gis=# select st_geometrytype(way) from planet_osm_line where
    osm_id = -1461806;
     st_geometrytype
    -----------------
     ST_LineString
    (1 ligne)

    gis=# select st_numgeometries(way) from planet_osm_line where
    osm_id = -1461806;
     st_numgeometries
                    1
    (1 ligne)

See attached the result of:
echo "select st_astext(way) from planet_osm_line where osm_id = -1461806;" | psql -d gis > out.wkt