After playing around a bit, I am even more confused what needs to go where.

I put gpx.css into stylesheets/ and now it is recognized for tracks and the
tracks are drawn - the drop down box in the vector file list in the GUI
remains empty however.

If I move my main (custom) stylesheet rwk.css into the folder it is no
longer recognized. Changing the entry in stylesheet.xml to
"stylesheet/rwk.css" makes no difference, it is still not recognized. After
moving it back to the main folder, it reappears.

>From this, I can't figure out what really needs to go where and I did not
find any information on the in the wiki.

Could you elaborate a little on what needs to go where?

How Do I get the GUI to reflect that it has found a gpx.css for a track?

bye
                Nop