Hi all,
(I browsed in this mailing list archive and couldn't find an answer; I
apologize in case I missed a relevant thread)

I'm interested in the feature categories, features and tags (as
defined in [1]) currently used in Potlatch2 to edit the maps at
http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit.
Specifically, I'm interested in those used to define new points,
categorize and describe them (i.e. Nodes).

I'd like to know:
 - what made you choose this set of categories/features/tags? e.g. did
you base your choice on taginfo [2] or some other statistics?
 - is this set of categories/features/tags somehow evolving over time?
is this set "biased" to a specific culture? (e.g. I found it curious
that "landuse" category has only "cemetery" and "graveyard" features,
even because I'm not sure about the difference between the two...)
 - is the complete list of categories/features/tags available
somewhere? I browsed the code at [3] under resources, but it seems
that data in map_features.xml and in other xml files under the
map_features folder do not exactly correspond to those used in the
online version of Potlatch2

Thanks in advance for any answer and/or hint,
Irene

[1]
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Potlatch_2/Developer_Documentation/Map_Features
[2] http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/