On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 3:01 PM, Steve Bennett <stevag...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My Git-fu is gradually improving to the point where I think I can
> probably decompose them. I'll try and cherry pick them apart and
> resubmit as individual pull requests.

Ok, done. For general education, here's what I did:

1) git pull systemed master
2) Go through the list of commits on master here:
https://github.com/stevage/potlatch2/commits/master
3) For each one, create a new branch based off current master:
git checkout -b voltage-tweaks systemed/master
4) Cherry pick relevant commits over (using the list on github to see
the commit references):

git cherry-pick 1060008 7226687 cd47df6
5) Push to github:
git push origin voltage-tweaks
6) Issue a pull request from there, remembering to pull-request to
systemed, not openstreetmap.
7) Repeat from step 3.

One thing I'm not sure about in this whole approach is what you're
supposed to do with the zillions of branches you end up creating.
Assuming that the pull requests all get accepted, am I then supposed
to delete or archive these old branches? Seems like even more
overhead, especially for tiny fixes...

And...now I see bad news in https://github.com/openstreetmap/potlatch2/network
Am I right in saying that systemed is actually *behind* openstreetmap?
So all my new branches are actually not based off the latest master at
all?

Steve