> I've just started playing with file context commands, and I am
> interested how I can invoke just 1 script command when I have several
> files selected and right click on them. i.e. with 3 files selected,
> I'd like to be able to right clikc to run <myscript> which would
> receive the command line of myscript <file1> <file2> <file3>
> Do I need an additional plugin to do this?
> Graham
The above message was from the beginners group, and got me thinking about a
problem with my file move/copy context menu entry (we had previously
discussed here - got working with single items, but later found it didn't
work with multi-selected items)
I was wanting to have the InputFolder dialog ask for a folder...and then
send all the files to the selected folder.
I've tried several methods, this I think gets the closest:
&(pproexefolder)\powerpro.exe [EMAIL PROTECTED](_file_)
That executes this:
@MoveFolder
If (not Context) do
context = 1
Local Folder = InputFolder
EndIf
;wait.for(not anywindow("Browse For Folder"))
File.Move(_File_, Folder)
Quit
If I comment out the wait, it doesn't do right (also tried adding an extra
wait to make sure it didn't start waiting until the dialog showed, but that
made the two executions of the script bash heads with each other because of
multi-processing -- and wait.until() doesn't work in embedded scripts).
What's going to be the best method for handing something off from a context
menu that might have several items selected but you want to enter a single
command that will affect each item (and you don't want to have to enter that
prompt for each item in the context menu)?
Is the only method to make an event run for each context item that waits for
the Input variable to be filled? Not sure how long it would take to run out
of events (is there a max number of events?) or ram...
David Troesch | Atlanta, GA | ICQ# 2333123
DRM - Hear another point of view. http://craphound.com/msftdrm.txt
Funstuff: Truth is stranger than fiction, because fiction has to make sense.
------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~-->
<font face=arial size=-1><a
href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12hrkh68b/M=362335.6886445.7839731.1510227/D=groups/S=1706030409:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1123912272/A=2894361/R=0/SIG=13jmebhbo/*http://www.networkforgood.org/topics/education/digitaldivide/?source=YAHOO&cmpgn=GRP&RTP=http://groups.yahoo.com/">In
low income neighborhoods, 84% do not own computers. At Network for Good, help
bridge the Digital Divide!</a>.</font>
--------------------------------------------------------------------~->
Attention: PowerPro's Web site has moved: http://www.ppro.org
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/power-pro/
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/