> As the example contains only ascii characters, UTF-8 didn't make a
> difference in this case.

What I meant is that UTF-8 characters might create the same problem
we've identified with CRLF. Let's assume x is a multi-char UTF-8
character. What happens when you use an expression like ^[x].+ on
something like xstring? string should be matched but x might be broken
up instead of being fully skipped... that would be a library bug and
should be handled correctly. I'm more worried about running something
like [^x]+ against fooxbar with the global services... if the UTF-8
character breaks up, that's a plugin bug (or rather a lack of UTF-8
awareness).
I don't know enough about this stuff prepare a test case that would
actually require UTF-8 capabilities. The Korean test case you posted
requires a plugin I don't have.

> BTW, UTF-8 worked fine with this build too.

Thanks.

Reply via email to