Hi Julien,

I ran some quick tests. At first I thought they failed. But it turned
out that even though I replaced the regex.dll copied in the new 
pcreposix.dll file (after they were inadvertantly downgraded when I
loaded a new PowerPro beta), the old versions were still in memory. :D

I used replaceg to replace in a file.readall that had crlfs:

.+ to *\0*
^.+ to *\0*
(?m)^.+ to *\0*

I reviewed the results in a hex editor, so I could see that the \r's
were not eaten by dot.

Then I reran the above tests, first replacing all the \r with ""

These looked fine.

Back to test data with crlfs:

\d. to *\0* where the last character b4 \r's was a digit
(they didn't match = good)

Then .\n to *\0*
really thought this might match the \r\n but nope=good

Also, this worked in 6.7, still works in 7
(?m)^.+$ to *\0*

So my preliminary opinion is that the "any" file would be good for
crlf text files and unix text files.

I can't speak for utf-8.

I wonder what is the impact on pcrecpp? I assume it is or will be
updated if necessary, since I know it does some crlf processing of its
own. I guess the option value is different in this "any" file.

Regards,
Sheri


--- In [email protected], Julien Pierrehumbert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 
wrote:
>> 
> 
> Hi regex geeks,
> 
> PCRE7 is out.
> 
> Here's a couple of untested builds for use with the
> regex plugins: a CRLF version which should hopefully
> included the planned changes WRT partial skipping of
> CRLF and an "any" version which should treat any
> newline character(s) (including Unicode line endings)
> as a newline. Do these build work? Is the "any" build
> superior or inferior to the CRLF build? If it works
> well, is there anyone who has strong feelings regarding
> the use of the "any" build as the default PCRE library?
> 



Reply via email to