One more thing before my rant is done:

I don't think anyone (at least on here) would see spending $40 on the 'Buy
it Now' when 540c usually sell for around $50 or less.  I could get ANOTHER
540c and leave all my desktop stuff plugged in there, and take the other
540c with me out on the road...

Oh, and to help all the 500 series users wanting batteries:

I mean, for they could take that $40 and get a refurbished battery for their
500 from Midwest Mac (http://midwestmac.com).  I bought one back in December
and it came with a 90-day warranty.  It works quite well still and I get
about 1:15 out of it with heavy use on my color 540c with the brightness
all-the-way on.  I'm not sure if they still have these batteries, but it's
worth a look.

Eric

Sent on Eric's PowerBook 540c
Visit http://schwarztech.cjb.net
Check out the new look & the updated LiveLine