>I have to agree with the 1400. When I had mine, I was the most impressed
>with it. And while I love my Duos, they have truly weenie keyboards.
>Although the latest Rev. F feels best.
>
>I currently use a Wallstreet which is pretty nice but I still like the
>tactile feel of the 1400 best. I also have a 5300c, 190cs, Duo280c, Duo230 &
>210 and PB140. I've also had the 1400c and an Original G3 (Kanga) which uses
>the same so-so keyboard as the 5300/190 series. Actually, the 140 has a very
>nice keyboard as do the other 100 series PowerBooks.

It's not popular to say so, but I don't like the 1400 keyboard - although
it probably _is_ the best of the lowend 'Books. But I have a WS and a
1400 right here in front of me now and the 1400's feels very clunky by
comparison. A friend has just switched from his 1400 to a WS and finds
the WS's incomparably better. I like the WS's, but if pushed, I prefer
the Lombard/Pismo's (which is the same the original iBook's, although the
Lomb/Pismo's is better mounted). I've experienced none of the flex often
mentioned with these keyboard (so long as youput it back properly &
tighten up the KB screw, it's fine). I sometimes find the WS keyboard a
little soft to touch. But then again, I bash keys on an Apple Extended II
- still my favourite KB.

Cheers,

RD

Remy Davison