I may be mistaken regarding PowerBooks on this one, but:

My belief is that AppleTalk, Classic Networking, and Open Transport are
all independent of one another, and do not need each other.  I use an
AppleTalk network which includes 68K machines that have neither Classic
Networking or OT on board.  Just make sure that AppleShare is installed
from your system  installation disks.  If not, you can select it from
the Custom Install options.  You should have to worry neither about
Classic Networking, nor Open Transport.

If you are in search of OT 1.1.1 with OT/PPP 1.0 only for a 68K machine,
you can find it on my website for download:

http://my.elkhart.com/mlewis/iclassic.html

or

http://my.elkhart.com/mlewis/log.html

Good Luck,