OK,

I had some time to look over my serial port today and
do some research.

It does not connect to my laser printer nor does it
network to my desktop.

I set Appletalk to the port and tried to eith print or
network, but nothing worked. My 170 connects fine
using the same layout. Still trying ideas.

Mike Dolberry
A Mac without a Clue

<http://www.mail-archive.com/powerbooks%40mail.maclaunch.com/>