on 29/08/2001 01:21, (PowerBooks) at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> yourself two AC adapters, and get skilled at managing your OS to eek out as
> much power as you can on the 2 hour battery, weight is not much an issue
> compared with weight of a Ti-book and one AC adapter.

And speaking of batteries, you couldn't do any better than the 3400's $25
Li-Ion batteries (new, with 1 yr. warranty), IIRC at both OWC and Smalldog.
I bought 3 a while back from OWC (total of $100 w/shipping to Italy) and
they were super, approx. 9-10 hrs of working battery time. Great for word
processing on the couch, train or plane. Ah, the good old days (last year),
now long passed as the 3400 has a fried logic board and the stores have run
out of the cheapo batteries (can't find them at either place).

Chris H