I use iMap.  It was designed by a biologist in Belgium for plotting plant
species.  I use it for plotting astronomy positions on a grid of the sky, so
you can see it is very versatile.  It should fit your application nicely.

http://www.kuleuven.ac.be/bio/sys/imap/

It is shareware and they ask for $30 if you like it.  I am trying to figure
how to send them the money.  You can either use a Visa Card, which I don't
have or wire the money.  My bank charges $30 to send a wire transfer.

Try it, its a great program.

Ken Stevens