Sue,

Hmmm... I had a seemingly similar problem with my 5300.  After going
through 2 or 3 batteries and a new poweradapter or two, it finally worked
itself out.

Not a pleasant thought to ponder, "How many batteries & power adapters am
I gonna need to buy before this thing finally works itself out?"

I know this probably doesn't help...

:(

Judy Perry