Welcome Joey.
Seriously.

I guess it's a 165c you're talking about, yes? If you find yourself any
old Mac monitor (try GoodWill or something) plus a cheap PB monitor
adaptor, you can use the 165c, regardless of the screen.

You can then network the 190 and 165 using a standard mini-DIN8 (Mac
serial/printer cable) which costs about $5. Then exchange data via file
sharing.

It's better to replace the floppy; the 190 modules can be replaced by
5300, 3400 or Kanga G3 floppy modules. These are pretty widely available
from places like smalldog.com and powerbookguy.com. Also try pbparts.com
Probably $20-25? for a new floppy. Someone on this list may have spare.

Cheers,

RD

>Hello All!
>      Just wanted to introduce myself, I am Joey
>Kelley a high school student who has just come into
>not one, but two PowerBooks.  A 175c and a 190.
>Obviously I know which is the better one, especially
>considering the 175 has big orange blotches in the
>screen.
>      A question for you all:  Will the floppy drive
>from the 175c fit into the 190? The 190 drive is bad,
>and unless I get the ethernet card working with out
>any additional drivers, I can't get anything on or off
>of it as I don't have another workable mac besides the
>175.
>     Any suggestions on this matter, and any others,
>such as what are the practicle uses of a 175 with a
>bad screen, or just what I can do with a 190, would be
>appreciated.
>      Thanks!
>      cya, Joey Kelley

Remy Davison