Hello everybody on the list!

I've been on a few other PowerBook and Mac lists and this list is the most
consistently helpful and coureous of them all! Big pat on the pack to
yourself, go ahead, that's right, you deserve it..... anyway, I wanted to
let you know that I have uploaded several copies of the infamously
hard-to-find PowerPort 500 modem software needed to run the internal Global
Village modem in the original, non-PPC-upgraded 5xx 'Books. Some kind
listers sent me the files a few months back. Somebody in need of this is
always posting on the list at one point or another, as I did, so I wanted to
ask you all to take note of this URL so someone has it and can pass it on to
whoever comes along next needing a copy of this elusive software.

The software (v. 2.0.8 for non-PPC PowerBooks) can be found here:

http://homepage.mac.com/absinthe99/FileSharing.html

I also have the PPC upgraded version - but that's on two floppies right now,
and god knows it'll take me another 3 months to get around to copying it
onto my work PC, transfering it to my PowerBook, compressing and uploading
it, when it will magically appear beside the other version, but for now...
please pass the download location on to other pilgrims wandering at wit's
end in the strange new land of 68040 PowerBook 5xx modems, etc.

Thanks for all!

Chris Volpe