Our "new" 2300c has a new home in our kindergarten room. As the new
"kid" in the class, it has to adjust
to it's new environment. Kids I can help, but with this 2300 I need the
professionals: YOU!   Here are the
"problems."

1. The 2300c has 48megs of RAM and came with OS 8.6  on the harddrive
(750 Megs). The latest
software CD we have is 8.5.    Can we "downgrade" to 8.5 so that the
software is compatible and most
importantly "reloadable" in the event of system crashes and the like?

2. Got all set to hook this unit to our school's network and our
computer person says that he can't do it
because the TCP/IP is password protected. Because of this, he says he
can't assign the 2300c an IP
address.  He thinks we would have to completely dump the old software
and reload system software again.
I checked the configrations and found the following:

AltaVista Free Access
colba
colba2
MacSRP Ethernet
MacSRP LocalTalk/ARA
non-MacSRP unsupported
sprint
vi
Videotron

I've never seen this much "stuff" in a TCP/IP folder before. What is it
and can I get rid of it?

3. I'd like to see if the internal modem works. It has Free PPP 2.6.2
loaded on the harddrive. When I open
the

FreePPP or OT/PPP is not selected in the TCP/IP Control Panel. When I
click on the Open PPP
Connection on the right side of the menu bar (the little telephone
icon), I get this message: You must
select either to continue. Funny thing is, I don't see Free PPP in the
control panel options like I
normally do. Our other computers have this. They run 8.5.

4. Got ready to send you this message and just noticed that this 2300c
has on the harddrive:  System 7.5.3,
8.5, and 8.6.
Is there any reason to have 3 systems on such a small harddrive. Doesn't
this take up huge amounts of
harddrive space? Can I reinstall 8.5 and dump the other 2?

5. This machine has Code Warrior on it. What is it, do I need it, can I
get rid of it?

I'm sorry for the long post, but we are in rural, remote Alaska. Our
closest Mac tech is 350 airmiles away
in Anchorage. And he does not work for our school.

Thanks for any and all replies.

Sincerely,
Thomas & The Kinders

This 2300c is a great little machinek! I just need help in getting it to
work up to it's full potential.